Nowadays, more pedestrians have been walking on the streets and taking strolls. This is mainly because of the warm weather that California has to offer. People usually go on bike rides or hangout outside their houses with their friends. It saves money too, and you get a good amount of exercise. However, walking is not always as safe as more accidents involving pedestrians have been happening. Abogados de accidentes de peatones Fullerton are aware of this and want to help pedestrians because the surprising thing about this is that these accidents are mainly caused by pedestrian actions.
Here are some of the usual causes and origins of pedestrian accidents:
- Improper Use of The Road– Pedestrians should know when to cross the street and when to stay on the sidewalks.
- Unmarked Crosswalk– Marked crosswalks are vital because drivers are less focused on parking lots.
- Left Turns– Both drivers and pedestrians are looking elsewhere on left turns, which makes it more dangerous than right turns.
- Electronic Devices– Pedestrians are usually scrolling through their phone when they are on the sidewalk. Pay attention in order to avoid accidents.
- Silent Cars-While these may be quieter in neighborhoods, pedestrians usually cannot hear them coming.
- Dark Clothes– Most accidents happen at nighttime where drivers can’t see clearly. Try to wear lightly colored clothes if you plan to go out at night.
- Alcohol– Alcoholic substances not only affect drivers but pedestrians as well.
- Highways– These roads are dangerous, especially in places with dense populations.
For more information about these origins of pedestrian accidents, check out this infographic by AbogadoContigo. Abogado Contigo’s team of lawyers can help you file a claim if you or someone you love gets involved in an accident. You can contact Abogados de accidentes de peatones Mission Viejo for more information or for consultation.