Many of you may be wondering how to drive a car safely and efficiently. In reality. Many people know how to drive a manual car but are not comfortable driving an automatic. Even the opposite is true. However, it should be noted that driving a car is much easier than it looks. There are a few basic things to keep in mind before you get behind the wheel. This article here will help you with some tips on how to be a safe driver, as well as how to drive a car step by step:
In this section, we provide driving tips for beginners, those who are wondering how to drive a car for the first time.
- First, you need to make sure that you are comfortable driving the car you plan to drive. So when you are in the driver’s seat, adjust it to your height and comfort. Then adjust the interior and exterior mirrors. Sitting comfortably will help keep you calm when you start driving.
- Also, be sure not to overthink the situation. Driving is a multitasking experience because your brain needs to analyze a lot of what is going on around you. There are a few basic rules that you should follow. While using turn signals and understanding traffic lights is very important, it is even more important to make sure your mind is not preoccupied, which in turn can prevent you from focusing on the road.
- It is natural to feel a little nervous when driving for the first time. Therefore, it is a good idea to have an experienced driver in the passenger seat to help you with basic advice where and when it is needed. There is a reason why it is mandatory to have a qualified driver in the passenger seat when starting to drive with a driver’s license. It can help you make small corrections while driving.
- When you are driving for the first time, it is a good idea to stay in familiar territory. This way, you won’t have the added burden of looking for addresses. Therefore, it is recommended that you start driving on roads that are close to your home or where there is not a lot of traffic.
- Also, stay away from busy roads and intersections. While learning to drive on the roads is important, it is good to save this for the future when you feel comfortable driving in the city.
How to learn to drive a car?
Well, driving a car can seem like a really difficult task, but trust us, things will start to look easier once you get familiar with the vehicle. Having said that, it can be seen here that driving in real conditions can be much more difficult than driving in video games. So the first thing to do if you are thinking about learning to drive is to go to a good driving school. Generally in Dubai people tend to hire the services of a friendly driving instructor who has good knowledge and experience and is also locally called Safe Driver Dubai to get car driving tutorials.
However, it is better to learn to drive in a comprehensive institute, where the person trains in a simulator before starting to train in a real car. Moreover, the driving instructor of such a school usually takes a more systematic approach to teach you than the unauthorized driving instructor.
How to drive a manual car?
In many countries, most new drivers start with a manual car and therefore most license holders are familiar with driving a light motor vehicle equipped with a manual transmission. However, even so, if you drive an automatic car and now plan to switch to “manual transmission”, here is how to change gears in a manual transmission car:
- Basically, a manual car has three pedals, one for the accelerator, brake, and clutch.
- The brake and accelerator pedal is operated with the left leg, while the right leg is operated with the accelerator. The brake pedal is used to reduce the speed of the vehicle. Note that the more firmly you are on the pedal, the faster it will decelerate. The throttle will increase the engine speed, which in turn will accelerate your car.
- The clutch pedal makes it difficult to drive a manual car. Without going into too much detail, the clutch pedal is used to help you change gears.
- To change gears, fully depress the clutch pedal while lifting the accelerator pedal.
Shift into the gear you want to drive and slowly begin releasing the clutch pedal.
- During this time, when you begin to release the clutch pedal, slowly begin to depress the accelerator pedal.
- Gradually release the clutch pedal fully and use only the accelerator pedal to control the speed of the car.
- Be aware that taking your foot off the clutch pedal or not pressing the accelerator while starting to release the clutch can cause your car to suffocate.
- So this is how you change gears in a car with a manual transmission.
How to drive an automatic car?
Many motorists have driven cars with manual transmission their whole lives and wonder how to drive an automatic car and how to be a safe driver. Mainly, automatic cars are much easier to drive, simply because there is no need to operate a clutch.
- To start driving an automatic car, make sure the gear lever position is N (neutral)
- Then press the brake pedal and switch on the ignition.
- Place the shift lever in D (drive) mode and begin releasing the brake pedal.
- When the car begins to move forward, use your right foot to operate the accelerator and brake to control speed.
- The left foot must be kept at rest at all times and must not be used to apply the brakes.
- Also, when parking, be sure to leave the car in the P position and apply the parking brake to prevent it from rolling forward or backward when parking on a slope.
How to drive a car in traffic?
Driving on a deserted street is still pretty easy, but driving in traffic is the tricky part.
Until you begin to feel completely at home while driving your car, it is best to stay in the left lane, as the right lanes are reserved for faster moving vehicles.
Furthermore, it is rude and dangerous to hook someone slower than you on the right track. Also, it is not acceptable to drive slowly in the right lane, which will cause other people to follow you. Therefore, it is best to stay in a lane where vehicles are traveling at the same speed as yours.
Also, if possible, overtake cars on the left instead of the right, as the speed of the vehicles increases from right to left. If you accelerate and go faster than the car in front, you have to go right. Never pass a truck on the right. Because trucks and Lorries are so much larger than most other vehicles, they tend to have blind spots. Additionally, trucks stay in the rightmost lanes and often change lanes to the right instead of to the left.